Shopify 🛒 Developer, Remote
Lead ecommerce development at Xfive
Searching for a new professional challenge? We are looking for a leading Shopify developer to support a growing number of our e-commerce projects like Floris London or Office Oasis.
Feels like at home here? We are looking for you
Xfive has been creating digital products since 2005. We are a part of a larger ecosystem of companies which includes XWP and X-Team.
Join our team to refresh your career and unlock unique future possibilities.
What we offer
- We engage the clients and win the projects so that you can focus on development.
- You can work as a remote freelancer or full-time from our Krakow office.
- As a freelancer you can work the hours that best fit your schedule and from the comfort of your own home.
- You will get access to our welcoming, diverse and supporting community on Slack. Our company culture is based on virtual high-fives, which promotes a healthy work environment.
- You would start with an hourly rate of $25 USD / hour and can quickly work your way up to $35 USD / hour if you prove to be reliable, deliver high quality and communicate proactively.
- You will get an onboarding bonus $500 USD after 3 months since hiring.
- We will support you on learning new skills or acquiring professional certifications.
- You will have possibility to work on open-source projects or publish Shopify related blog posts
- We organize a virtual Christmas party, non-virtual ski weekend and other team-building activities during the year.
High-fives are part of our Slack workspace to appreciate others and celebrate smaller or bigger achievements.
What skills you should have
We are looking for talented mid-level to senior freelance developers that have both front-end and Shopify skills. You should be able to work independently on commercial projects so at least 2-3 years of experience with such projects is necessary.
One of our developers hired back in 2016
- You are able to deliver projects on time and at a high-quality level
- You have a passion for development and continuous self-education
- You have a consistent coding style and passion for well-organized, clean code
- You have good verbal and written communication skills in English and you are not afraid to communicate with the clients directly during online meetings
- Very good knowledge of modern front-end development: HTML5, CSS3, Responsive Web Design, Performance Optimization, Accessibility.
- Pixel precision and a basic aesthetics sense. Ability to convert UI in various formats like Figma, Sketch, Photoshop to a functional front-end
- Good knowledge of CSS preprocessors: SCSS is preferred.
- Good knowledge of scalable and maintainable CSS methodologies (BEM, ITCSS).
- Experience with the Shopify platform and general experience with e-commerce
- Good knowledge of Shopify Liquid template language.
- Experience with Shopify Slate and Theme Kit.
Shopify certificates and courses are plus.
- Good knowledge of Git version control system.
- Ability to work with the command line and modern web development tooling
This is how our recruitment process works:
- We will check your application and screening questions to see if you would be a good fit to our team.
- If you pass the initial screening, we will invite you to do simple front-end and Shopify test challenges.
- If you pass the test, we will invite you to an online interview focused on technical skills and knowledge and soft-skills.
- If you pass the interview, you will become a member of Xfive. Congratulations! :)
For more details check out our blog post How we hire great developers.