WordPress 🌲 Timber Developer, Remote
Reignite your love for WordPress
In the times of React and new shiny CMSs, WordPress is often mocked as not being cool enough. Maybe even you as a WordPress developer have doubts about your future career.
At Xfive we have a modern and pragmatic approach to WordPress development. We use Timber and ITCSS to make the work of our developers easier and more fun.
Xfive is a Timber Pro company
We’ve been in the business since 2005 and constantly work on interesting WordPress projects for brands like Yanmar or Hypergiant.
We are also a part of a larger ecosystem of companies which includes XWP and X-Team.
Join our team to refresh your WordPress career and unlock exceptional future possibilities!
What we offer
- We engage the clients and win the projects so that you can focus on development.
- You can work as a remote freelancer or full-time from our Krakow office.
- As a freelancer you can work the hours that best fit your schedule and from the comfort of your own home.
- You will get access to our welcoming, diverse and supporting community on Slack. Our company culture is based on virtual high-fives, which promotes a healthy work environment.
- You would start with an hourly rate of $25 USD / hour and can quickly work your way up to $35 USD / hour if you prove to be reliable, deliver high quality and communicate proactively.
- You will get an onboarding bonus $500 USD after 3 months since hiring.
- We will support you on learning new skills or acquiring professional certifications.
- You will have possibility to work on open-source projects like our custom WordPress development framework Chisel.
- We organize a virtual Christmas party, non-virtual ski weekend and other team-building activities during the year.
High-fives are part of our Slack workspace to appreciate others and celebrate smaller or bigger achievements.
What skills you should have
We are looking for talented mid-level to senior developers that have both front-end and WordPress skills. You should be able to work independently on commercial projects so at least 2-3 years of experience with such projects is necessary.
One of our WordPress developers hired back in 2016
- You are able to deliver projects on time and at a high-quality level
- You have a passion for development and continuous self-education
- You have a consistent coding style and passion for well-organized, clean code
- You have good verbal and written communication skills in English and you are not afraid to communicate with the clients directly during online meetings
- Very good knowledge of modern front-end development: HTML5, CSS3, Responsive Web Design, Performance Optimization, Accessibility.
- Pixel precision and a basic aesthetics sense. Ability to convert UI in various formats like Figma, Sketch, Photoshop to a functional front-end
- Good knowledge of CSS preprocessors: SCSS is preferred.
- Good knowledge of scalable and maintainable CSS methodologies (BEM, ITCSS).
- Very good knowledge of WordPress. Timber knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to code WordPress themes and WordPress plugins from scratch.
- Very good programming skills and knowledge of general principles (DRY, abstraction, KISS, code refactoring and optimization, etc).
- Good knowledge of PHP and OOP principles.
- Good knowledge of Git version control system.
- Ability to work with the command line and modern web development tooling
This is how our recruitment process works:
- We will check your application and screening questions to see if you would be a good fit to our team.
- If you pass the initial screening, we will invite you to do simple Front-end / WordPress test project.
- If you pass the test, we will invite you to an online interview focused on technical skills and knowledge and soft-skills.
- If you pass the interview, you will become a member of Xfive. Congratulations! :)
For more details check out our blog post How we hire great developers.