Ruby on Rails Developer
We are looking for a talented mid-level Ruby on Rails developer.
Type of employment
Full-time employment in Kraków’s office located in the heart of Kazimierz district.
What we offer
- Flexible employment conditions (B2B or permanent contract) and working hours
- Competitive salary: show us your amazing skills and we’ll reward you generously
- Development possibilities: training and conferences budget for every employee
- Great working atmosphere in a modern office located in the city center
- Free parking in the very center of Krakow, right next to the office
- Bonuses like private healthcare (Allianz), Multisport, and more
- Awesome team building activities :)
- You are able to deliver projects on time and at a high-quality level
- You have a passion for development and continuous self-education in your area of expertise
- You have code examples showing all your relevant skills. Each code example should be a non-trivial example showing your best skills and knowledge
- You have a consistent coding style and passion for well-organized, clean code
- You have good verbal and written communication skills in English
You should have:
- Experience in developing web applications in Ruby on Rails
- At least basic PostgreSQL and database design knowledge
- Familiarity with and have used Git
- Ability to communicate well in English
Bonus if you have:
- TDD/BDD experience
- Knowledge of performance optimization of applications
- Basic knowledge of Linux system administration and project deployment
- Experience in integrating with third-party APIs
- Familiarity with popular libraries (for example: RSpec or Sidekiq)
- Familiarity with AWS and/or Heroku
This is how our recruitment process works:
- We will check your application and code examples to see if you would be a good fit to our team.
- If you pass the initial screening, we will invite you to do our Ruby on Rails test project.
- If you pass the test, we will invite you to a call or on-site interview focused on soft-skills.
- If you pass the 1st interview, we will invite you to the 2nd interview focused on technical skills and knowledge.
- If you pass the 2nd interview, you can become a member of Xfive. Congratulations! :)
For more details, check out our blog post How we hire great developers.