Front-end Engineer, Remote
We are looking for talented mid-level to senior front-end engineers with a wide range of programming skills who are able to learn new technologies quickly.
What we offer
Tired of spending your valuable time dealing with clients directly, estimating, proposing, invoicing, and looking for clients who just disappear when the bill is due? When you join our team as a remote freelance contractor, we’ll handle all of this for you.
- Work the hours that best fit your schedule.
- Work from the comfort of your own home.
- We engage the clients and win the projects so that you can focus on your passion: creating amazing code.
- Our hourly rate is in the range of $20-30 USD / hour. Most of our projects have fixed budgets agreed upon in advance so the more skillful you are, the more you can earn.
- Note: Due to location of our production team we only can hire developers from Europe. Thanks for understanding.
- You are able to deliver projects on time and at a high-quality level.
- You have a passion for development and continuous self-education in your area of expertise.
- You have code examples showing all your relevant skills. Each code example should be a non-trivial example showing your best skills and knowledge.
- You have a consistent coding style and passion for well-organized, clean code.
- You have good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Expert knowledge of jQuery - you are able to write jQuery plugins.
- Experience with module loaders/bundlers (RequireJS, Browserify).
- Expert knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, Responsive Web Design, Performance Optimization.
- Expert knowledge of CSS preprocessors: SCSS preferred.
- Experience with libraries and frameworks like Bootstrap, Foundation.
- Good knowledge of Accessibility.
- Familiarity with Gulp, npm and the command line
This is how our recruitment process works:
- We will check your application and code samples to see if you would be a good fit to our team.
- If you pass the test, we will invite you to a Skype interview focused on technical skills and knowledge.
- If you pass the 1st interview, we will invite you the 2nd interview focused on soft-skills.
- If you pass the 2nd interview, you will become a member of Xfive. Congratulations! :)
For more details check out our blog post How we hire great developers.